Abby 老师讲一口地道的美式英语。成为双母语宝宝的妈妈后,她一直致力于英语教育的研究与开发。
她从市面上浩如烟海的英文绘本中,选择了美国教育界推荐的百本儿童必读书目,为博雅小学堂录制了这一系列的课程。这些绘本都有一个特征:拥有极高的精神世界。无论它是搞笑的还是煽情的好英语学堂,或者是悲伤的,读过后都会给孩子的精神世界加分,使他们灵魂的重量变得更大。
很多听众疑惑:孩子们听不懂或者听不惯英文绘本怎么办?
Abby 老师的回答是:我们就把英语播放给他们听,就像背景音乐一样。给孩子播放古典音乐,有没有家长提出孩子听不懂古典音乐怎么办。时间长了,孩子自然会慢慢地往外输出好英语学堂,而且一定会有好的语感。
今天我们来听其中一篇《My Little Brother》:
My little brother is a pest.
我的弟弟是个讨人厌的孩子。
He wakes me up at dawn with his leaky teddy.
他在黎明时用他的泰迪玩具熊把我叫醒。
Copies everything I do.
模仿我做的一切。
Follows me round like a shadow.
像影子一样围着我转。
And won’t let me go to sleep at night.
晚上不让我睡。
Sometimes I wish my little brother would just disappear.
有时我希望我的小弟弟消失。
I tried magicking him away.
我试着把他赶走。
But he ate my book of spells.
但是他吃了我的咒语书。
I tried sending him to the moon.
我试着把他送到月球。
But he got the rocket all wet.
但是他把火箭弄湿了。
I plastered him with vanishing cream,but that didn’t work.
我给他抹上了消失的奶油,但那没用。
I tried feeding him to a wild beast, but she only yawned, and got on with finding a place to have her kittens.
我试着把他喂给一只野兽,但她只是打了个哈欠,然后继续找地方养她的小猫。
One night something woke me up.
一天晚上,有什么东西把我吵醒了。
It was dark.The wind was making a whoo-whooing noise. I looked to see if my little brother was awake……
四周是黑暗的。风发出了一声嘶鸣的声音。我想看看我弟弟是不是醒了
But his bed was empty.
但是他的床是空的。
I got up to go and look for him.
我起身去找他。
Maybe he was in the kitchen, the little pest.?
也许他在厨房里,小害虫?
The kitchen was quiet. He wasn’t there.
厨房里很安静。他不在那里。
Maybe he was watching television,the little menace? I looked in the sitting room.
也许他在看电视好英语学堂,这小小的讨厌鬼?我看了看客厅。
The sitting room was empty. He wasn’t there either.
客厅里是空的,他也不在那里。
I began to feel a bit worried.
我开始感到一点担心。
Maybe the vanishing cream had vanished him!
也许消失的奶油把他弄不见了!
Maybe the magic spell had worked!
也是是魔法咒语起作用了!
I was really worried.I looked up the chimney.
我真的很担心。我抬头看了看烟囱。
Maybe the rocket had really taken him to the moon! I remembered how nice he was, when he wasn’t being a pest. I remember how small he was, my little brother, I had a horrible thought…
也许火箭真的把他带到月球上去了! 我想起当他不烦人的时候,他是多么可爱。我想起他是多么的渺小, 我的小弟弟, 我有一个可怕的想法……
Maybe wild animals had really eaten him!
也许大怪物把他吃了!
I nearly burst into tears.
我差点哭起来。
And then I heard a noise, A strange sort of noise a sort of PRRPRR, sort of noise.
The sound came from the linen cupboard. I peered round the door, and I saw our cat and five kittens!
然后我听到一种声音,一种奇怪的声音Abby读英文经典绘本|My Little Brother,一种怪叫好英语学堂,一种噪音。
声音是从亚麻橱柜里传出来的。我环视了门口, 我看见了我们的猫和五只小猫!
And curled round them all was my little brother.
他们都蜷曲在我弟弟旁边。
Not vanished,not magicked, not gone to the moon and not eaten by wild animals. Just fast asleep.
没有消失,没有魔法,没有去月球,也没有被野生动物吃掉,只是睡着了。
And even thought he is a pest, I don’t ever want my little brother to disappear again!
虽然我认为他是个讨厌鬼,但我再也不想让我的小弟弟消失了!
百本精选英文绘本
Abby老师纯正美音
博雅特制付费经典
Abby读英文经典绘本
未经允许不得转载:阿卡索学习网 - 英语学习培训机构网站! > Abby读英文经典绘本|My Little Brother
热门信息
阅读 (2172)
1 张雪峰直言:这三个大学专业“失宠”,就业率低,报考需谨慎阅读 (1736)
2 适合高中英语学习的25部英文电影,太好看了,你看过几部?阅读 (1557)
3 old man不是“老人”的意思,下次别翻译错了阅读 (1262)
4 全国小学生英语能力测试(NEPTP)申请指南【文末有福利】阅读 (799)
5 日本人一般都能听懂中文吗?